Are Some Beauty ‘Tricks’ Bad for Health?
- Reduce your intake of alcohol, which increases capillary leakage, sagging and puffiness.
- Train yourself to lie on your back when sleeping, as sleeping on your side or stomach contributes to wrinkles.
- Here’s an excuse to pamper yourself! Having frequent facial massages helps retain moisture and elasticity and increases blood flow in the facial area.
- Exercise regularly to keep the blood flowing and oxygenate the skin.
Natural Ways to Enhance Healthy Hair
- Help hair grow faster by increasing your intake of zinc and iron
- Avoid known hair growth blockers, such as smoking, caffeine, carbonated sodas, sugary and fatty foods.
- Use heat sparingly. Avoid using very hot water and limit the use of hot blow dryers, flat irons and other hair tools that damage hair.
- Here’s another excuse to pamper yourself! Scalp massages stimulate hair follicles. Using hot oil, (such as warmed olive oil) and protein treatments can help protect the hair shaft.