Setting Goals for Health: A Long-Term Plan
- Choose realistic, highly specific, measurable goals. Setting goals should help improve your health, not lead to stress!
- Limit the number of goals you take on. Start with 1-2 short-term and 1-2 long-term.
- Break down your goals to make them less intimidating by creating an outline of steps to take. Tailor it to your needs, not anyone else’s.
- Keep a journal to record and track progress.
- Reward yourself with each milestone.
- Ask friends and family members for help and support when needed.
- Give it time. Remember, habits are formed after 21 days!
- Give yourself a timeline to help deter excuses.
- Embrace change, even if that means your plan is altered.