ADHD and Marriage
- Treating each other like parent and child (for example, inappropriate reprimanding your spouse
- Having children diagnosed with ADHD
- Difficulty for you or your partner to follow a conversation
- Constantly fighting over chores or daily routines
- Use daily notes – start using notes or dry erase board to list all the daily chores; this will assure tasks are not forgotten.
- Make sure the ADHD partner understands your requests – speak slowly and clearly, and don’t be afraid to repeat yourself more than once.
- Get into a routine – It may be difficult, but once a routine is set, it will be much easier for the ADHD partner to follow daily duties.
- Take it one step at a time – approach each issue individually, as it can be overwhelming if you try to solve every problem at once.