The Facts about Hair loss
- Diet – having a lack of protein or iron in your diet has been shown to cause hair loss.
- Exercise – lack of adequate exercise can lead to health problems and ultimately hair loss.
- Side Effect of Medication– many medications list hair loss as a common side effect.
- Improper hair care – such as tight pony tails, excessive coloring or straightening.
- Stress – stress can cause hair loss; however, if the stress is reduced there is a good chance it will grow back.
- Trichotillomania – a mental illness which causes the subject to obsessively pull out their hair.
- Scalp Infections – infections such as ringworm can lead to temporary hair loss.
- Smoking Cigarettes – smoking can cause a lack of oxygen to reach the scalp, leading to a loss of hair.
- Genetic Factors – Genetic factors are the number one cause of hair loss.