Bloating and Water Retention
- Exercise – This benefits almost every aspect of life. Exercise can you look and feel younger, keep your heart healthy and help prevent water retention.
- Avoid salt – Excessive sodium in the blood stream can cause water retention, so lay off the salty food.
- Drink water – This may sound counterproductive, but many times water retention is caused by to dehydration. Our bodies hold onto water because it thinks we are dehydrated, so make sure to stay hydrated.
- Avoid certain drinks – Avoid caffeinated beverages, alcohol and sugary drinks, as they may dehydrate you.
- Eat a healthy diet – Make sure to eat enough fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. Eating healthy can go a long way in preventing water retention.